1.This is among the richest cities in the world it has more Rolls Royce per person than any other region in the globe.
2. Hongkong has the highest number of skyscrapers in the world more than 7000 buildings in the region have over 14 floors (New York City has almost half of these.)
3. Hongkong is also known to have the largest fleet of ferries in the world transporting people and goods to Macau and various Chinese cities.
4. Made up of more than 200 islands which is why it is often necessary to travel over water bodies. Other countries that have a large number of islands include Indonesia – 17,508 and Finland – 18000 as per CIA World Factbook.
5. The Hong Kong International Airport is among the top ten busiest in the world. It handles over 59 million passengers every day.
6. It is believed that parents that give birth to a son and then daughter are considered to be among the luckiest people in the world.
7. It is considered a bad omen to have apartment buildings that end on the fourth floor. Make sure to check when you visit Hongkong.
8. It is home to one of the world’s largest seated Buddha statues is the bronze big Buddha situated on Lantau Island of Hong Kong.
9. World best airline ‘Cathay ‘which is Hong Kong’s home airline has won the “World’s Best Airline “four times which is more times than any other in the world.
10. Hongkong city has won the title of “The Best Business City in the World” for over four years. This award is organized and announced by Business Traveler Asia Pacific Magazine.