THIS LAW WILL GET YOU 600$ IF EVER YOUR FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED IN PAST 3 YEARS OR IF YOUR WAS DELAYED MORE THAN 3 hours then you are entitled to compensation of up to €600 (or £530) under EC Regulation 261/2004, you can claim for flights delayed back up to 6 years.
The Koala Travels bringing the hottest news just for you and with our compensation calculator, you can easily find the amount that you can claim. Compensation can vary, depending on the route distance and duration of the delay. We understand that plane delays are frustrating. But our step-by-step guide can help you to get the reimbursement fast. If you don't want to read the whole thing, use the following links to jump straight to a topic.
According to EU 261 Rule, passengers are entitled to compensation of up to €600 for longer flight delays, cancellations and denied boarding due to overbooking. There some of the factors on which airlines are not liable to compensate for the inconvenience caused due to exceptional circumstances (like the strike, bad weather, etc.)Know which are fair? There are different kinds of delays. There are short ones that cause some frustration. After that there are really long ones that cause agitation, the law tries to treat passengers according to the length of delay. Other rule says, If the delay is of more than 2 hours, airlines should provide free meals, refreshments, two phone calls and access to emails or fax.
1. Your flight should have been delayed for more than 3 hours on arrival.
2. You must have travelled within the EU Member States, or you should have been departed from an EU airport.
3. Your delayed compensation claim is valid only even if the departure was from a Non-EU airport provided that it lands at an EU airport with an EU-registered airline.
4. Claim is valid for flights back up to 6 years in the United Kingdom.
5. EU law is even valid for Iceland, Norway, and Switzerland, although these countries are outside of the European Union.
6. Countries like Germany, the claim eligibility extends back up to 3 years. Spain, Italy, France, and the other EU Member States, allow claims back up to 2 years, However, in Poland, it is only valid up to one year.
7. Compensation also includes hotel accommodation and transport facility (between airport and hotel) should be the airline's responsibility during an overnight delay.
8. These are mandatory in the compensation, If the airlines do not provide these services, ask them, It's your right, as long as you have a valid ticket. Hotel, travel, and meals are not cheap. Under this EU law, the airlines should pay f or these, not you.
9. Here is how this works. You will be provided vouchers for food, hotel, etc. If they don't, go ahead and ask someone who works for the airline or the tour and travel agent from you have purchased your bookings.
If they still don't help you, get creative. Pay the bills but keep the receipts. Then show these when filing the claim. But be reasonable with expenses. In compensation Airlines won’t pay for fancy things. If you handover receipts for alcohol, luxury hotels or expensive meals, you won't get back any money. Here is great news. Claim runs even in the bad weather conditions if the other airlines were operational, you still may have the right to these services. Now you know why it pays to know your rights.
For delays of more than 5 hours, you should get free meals, drinks, two phone calls and access to emails. In addition, you should be re-routed to the earliest available flight. Alternatively, you can ask for a refund of ticket cost if you have changed your mind, you may also be eligible for compensation if you are traveling with the scheduled or replacement flight but that too should arrive 3 hours late. Airlines are reluctant in returning your money. So, you need to be a little clever to get it and there are some easy ways to do that. Have confirmation of the delay in writing. If possible, collect evidence for your claim.
1. Keep the document of planned departure and arrival time if you have booked from any tour and travel agency Keep the track of exact arrival time, i.e., when the aircraft doors were opened after landing click the time table picture for evidence.
2. Be punctual about our side duties like check-in on time (2 hours before the scheduled departure time so that the airline cannot prove that you were absent).
3. Be attentive and carefully listen to the announcements.
4. Try to collect additional evidence take photos of the departure/arrival board).
5. Note down the exact reason given by the airline customer services for the disruption.
6. Find out exactly "Why was your flight delayed?"
7. Be familiar with co-passengers who can act as witnesses if necessary.
8. Carefully keep the boarding pass and other travel documents with you.
9. The compensation amount of delayed flight a person is fixed. It starts from €250 to €600 per person, this is amount is determined by the time the flight came in late, the type of flight and the circumstances under which it was cancelled.
10. If not covered by the EU: if your flight and airline doesn’t fall in the EU, then there is a high chance that you may avail your rights!
11. But if you are travelling with a reputable airline then you may get free meals or assistance. Your travel insurance may cover any delayed flights but the amount is next to nothing (up to 50 pounds!). For this reason it is better to be updated with The Koala Travels, best tour and travel in Chandigarh and also make sure that you read up on the regulations and ever changing rules and latest news regarding Tourism.